Dienstag, 28. Juli 2009

<Geblitzdingst>

When driving out of town, I was stopped by a friendly police officer standing at the end of the town. I stopped the car, lowered the window, and asked the officer what happened.

He told me that he "lasered" me (German: "gelasert") - I said "pardon me, you did what?", he said it again "I lasered you" and I said "I just wanted to make sure that I didn't misunderstood you the first time..." - which actually seemed like a stupid thing to say the very moment these words came out of my mouth, but as one mind bigger than mine already said, one always finds keener replies the next day - I could have said for example "you might have lasered me, but my pocket black hole ripped your laser in pieces", or "your laser has been bent by my massive time pressure, so the reading is inaccurate", or maybe even the cocky "you don't even know what laser means!".

So, this officer was using light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation to measure my speed. I guess Maiman would have been proud to see his invention being put to such a noble use... Damn, Maiman, your invention cost me 30€, frak!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen